Upper school covers students from Year 7 to Year 11. Our prime objective is to enable each individual to develop his or her maximum potential through a stimulating and challenging curriculum.
Enhanced staffing has been made available to enable small class groups to be organised to provide distinct learning pathways in order to ensure all learning needs are met.
Our arrangements ensure that:
- There is a broad and balanced curriculum, with 5 one hour lessons plus a 30 minute reading period per day. Registration is at 8.45 am and the school day ends at 3.30 pm.
- The development of literacy skills takes place across the curriculum – this is acknowledged as essential in all subjects.
- All students have access to their preferred learning style and mode of communication.
- Students are grouped according to needs so pupils of all abilities can achieve success.
- Parents are kept well informed about the progress of their children.
- Students are encouraged to be active participants in the learning process. Learning objectives are made explicit and students are encouraged to self-evaluate and to engage in a learning dialogue with teachers.
- The delivery of the curriculum is carefully planned and delivered through a timetable enabling full access to the national curriculum programmes of study with consistency of subject teachers.
- At KS3, some students are individually disapplied for Modern Foreign Language and music with the extra time given to Literacy, Numeracy and Speech and Language Therapy.
- At KS4 a broad and balanced range of courses are offered with accreditation available to meet the needs of all students. Students receive independent professional careers guidance to support the selection of subjects studied at KS 4 and to plan for Post 16 courses.
- Common themes across subject areas are planned for and a wide range of extra curricular activities supplement and enhance the timetable e.g. Curriculum Enrichment Days and visits.
If you would like further information about the curriculum on offer in upper school please contact Mr. J Hazrati on email@example.com