Home learning is seen as one of the principal ways of promoting student achievement. Twice a week, a home learning club enables students to receive support from teachers after school.
Through home learning we aim to:
- Encourage and develop self-discipline and skills in planning and organising time
- Reinforce, extend and consolidate work done in class
- Involve parents and carers as partners in education
- Prepare students for tests and examinations
- Further challenge and extend more able students and provide focused and sustained support for less able students.
Students are issued with a student planner to record their home learning activities and note when they are due.
A home learning timetable is created each year to ensure an even coverage amongst all subjects and to assist students in the organisation of their learning at home.