Aspiration and Achievement for All
At Heathlands our pupils are at the heart of all we do. We aim to equip our young people for life; to be flexible, adaptable, resilient and to relish a challenge.
Pupils need to develop respect, tolerance and all the skills necessary to make a positive contribution in their communities. Heathlands aims to create a learning community where everyone is valued as an individual.
We want pupils:
- To have broad learning opportunities and appropriate accreditation.
- To develop learning habits which will ensure their future success: team work, the ability to be reflective, confident to take risks, accepting of feedback
- To develop social skills, to support those who are vulnerable and to lead others.
- To be as independent as possible and be supported in their transition to adulthood
- To learn how to manage change, innovation and the pressures of a modern world e.g. advancing technology
- To feel good about themselves, secure in their own identity and to embrace difference in others
- To know they are part of the Heathlands community
Our school ethos is shown in three connected documents:
- The Behaviour for Learning Framework outlines the expectations of all in the Heathlands Community: Respect, Responsibility, Attitude and Motivation.
- The WOW positive behavior support procedures
- The Heathlands Charter, written by students as their agreed code of conduct.
The Behaviour for Learning Framework
This outlines the expectations of all in the Heathlands Community: Respect, Responsibility, Attitude and Motivation