Monday mornings, 9.30am to 11.30am in the BSL Centre at Heathlands School
Parents, grandparents and other adult family members are invited to join us for a few hours each Monday.
We will support you to:-
- Learn British Sign Language,
- Help you to communicate effectively with your deaf child to support their learning and development,
- Help you to think about communication within the family,
- Help you learn the curriculum signs you may find useful to support your child with their homework,
- Provide an environment for you to gain support or offer advice to families with similar experiences.
If your child is currently attending Heathlands School you are welcome to come along to any of the parents group sessions and join in. We understand that you might not be able to join in every week and are happy for you to come along when you can. There is no charge for the parents’ signing group. We have recently established a crèche, so let us know if child care is a problem and we will try to help.
If you are a parent or family member of a deaf child who does not attend Heathlands, but live in Hertfordshire and would like to join our group please get in touch with the BSL Centre Manager.