PE aims to enhance the lives of students through encouraging and promoting the lifelong benefits of leading an active, healthy lifestyle.
All students take part in two hours of Physical Education each week. A range of activities are timetabled that aims to develop personal fitness and promote an active, healthy lifestyle.
Students are taught and encouraged to:
- Use and develop a variety of tactics and strategies to overcome opponents in team and individual games, e.g. Football, Hockey.
- Develop their technique and improve their performance in other competitive sports, e.g. athletics and gymnastics.
- Take part in further outdoor activities in a range of environments which present physical challenges and encourage pupils to work in a team.
- Evaluate their performances compared to previous ones and demonstrate improvement across a range of physical activities to achieve personal best.
- Continue to take part regularly in competitive sports and activities outside school through community links or sports clubs.