All Middle School students take part in two hours of Physical Education each week. A range of activities are timetabled aiming to develop personal fitness and promote an active, healthy lifestyle.
Students are taught and encouraged to:
- Use and develop a variety of tactics and strategies to overcome opponents in team and individual games, e.g. Football, Hockey.
- Develop their technique and improve their performance in other competitive sports, e.g. Athletics and Gymnastics.
- Take part in further outdoor activities in a range of environments which present physical challenges and encourage pupils to work in a team.
- Evaluate their performances compared to previous ones and demonstrate improvement across a range of physical activities to achieve personal best.
- Continue to take part regularly in competitive sports and activities outside school through community links or sports clubs.